Thursday 30 August 2012

Visit from a friend

Today a dear friend of mine was visiting with me after she had seen my ATC storage some weeks ago and had immediately been red-hot. She had asked me to help her on a project for her school materials she needed (as a teacher in chemistry) and wanted to look unique. So we had decided to do a small A5 folder for a start.

Most difficult part was the decision which stamps to use and which not.... soon she recognized that A5 was way too small to provide sufficient space for all the designs she found digging into my treasure boxes and wanted to use. "Sh**, there's another gorgeous one!" became the quote of the day. *gg
It was nearly the same with the design papers... 

In the meantime I covered the folder with dark brown kraft paper on the outside and for the insides she had chosen thin vellum, which I cut to size and inked around the edges and even the whole sheets, to sprinkle them with water to get the stained and worn effect she had so fallen in love with.

After glueing the papers onto out- and insides, the folder looked quite nice already. The four grey spots at the inside of the spine still have to be covered with brown permanent marker, (which I did not own but she has at home), to get a proper frame without interruption.

Of course I let my friend do all the punching and stamping and I have to admit: for her first time ever she did extraordinarily well! And it was a pleasure watching (and hearing) her rejoicing in it.

That's the result, which she will wrap in adhesive foil to protect the attached tags and pictures from being torn during transportation in her school bag:


And a look at the back:


And one closer look at the cleanup efforts after the whole event:


8 comments:

  1. You have made some beautiful things since my last visit.
    I am having problems with my blog at the moment I can't upload any of my work & I am going away in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that, Paula Jane!!!

      Hoping to see you again very soon under better circumstances with new projects you can show to all of us!!!!

      Wishes,

      die amelie xx

      Delete
  2. How wonderful to play with your friend, so that she could make exactly the folder she wanted... I know what she means about there being too many great stamps around - I feel the same every time I'm online and see yet another one that I'd love to own!! You're right too that even the inked vellum by itself looks very effective - and it's lovely to have a little sneak peek of your crafting space... aren't you tempted by WOYWW?!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Alison,

      I AM tempted! Sneaking around WOYWW for quite a while! ;)

      It takes quite an effort in discipline, not ordering every stamp I would love to have for the one or the other occasion... I know. ;)

      Going to stop by at your site in a few minutes I hope. Saw you were busy as usual. *smile

      Hugs,

      die ameliexxx

      Delete
  3. How funny is crafting with friend, isn`t it? You again did amazing job...folder looks great!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Ana!

      It is plenty of fun! And I was so happy watching my friend rejoycing in it! She was sooo proud of her finished piece - that made my day!!!!

      Hugs,

      die amelie xxx

      Delete
  4. It's soooo hard to keep your craft space clean, hahha, I go through this everyday.
    I work and make a mess, then clean up, and make a mess again!
    Hahah,
    Hugs.
    Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Kaitlynn,

      same with me! (and I am sure, we are not alone!)

      Hugs,
      die amelie xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx