Friday 1 August 2014

Summertime at Our Creative Corner

Hello, happy holidays and welcome back to the start of the August challenge at Our Creative Corner!

Summertime

is our theme this month and your lovely host for this challenge, Laura from Laurart, says:

"What sparks your imagination when you think of the word 'Summertime'? Travel to far away exotic destinations, buckets and spades, sand dunes and sparkling sea? Does summer bring to mind delicate flowers in a hazy garden or bright vivid tones of a warm sunset? Perhaps just the use of vivid colours evokes a summery mood....or do pastel shades have more of a summer look for you? 
Whatever your interpretation of 'Summertime' is we would love to see your creations shared with us at Our Creative Corner!"
 
 
 
Well, to me summertime means to spend a wonderful time at a lake or at the sea - walking barefoot, collecting shells, sitting on piers, kayaking, swimming, watching the sun paint glittering white and golden crowns on waves and relaxing to the sound they make when they gently crush upon the shore.




Sadly Austria is nowhere close to the sea (but we have a lot of wonderful swimming lakes and the Alps to hike and beautiful forests and such), but when I dream myself away to a lovely beach I can almost feel the breeze that brings the ocean's typical smell and the sand between my toes, I can hear the seagulls' cries and imagine myself collecting shells while walking endless sunny beaches.




The two shells I used on my card were souvenirs from my stay at Paradise Island (in the Carribean), which was wonderful but way too short.



I love to encorporate texture with my creations so I decided to add a "fisher net" too. And the lovely Vilda lighthouse stamp was a must! The background was made from a scrap I made from card using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and some of my favourite "blues" from the DI range.




I hope you like my card (which is a rather uncommon sight with my blog, I know) and hop over to Our Creative Corner to find out what the team have in store for your inspiration!

We also have a prize sponsor and it is Crafty Individuals this month! So join in our challenge and get eligible to win some of their fab stuff!

Happy holidays to you all!
Claudia x

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card.The lighthouse image is lovely and love the distressed papers.Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Claudia, great stamp and seaside embellishments make a great card.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp and great colors! your card is beautiful and the lighthouse is wonderful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... I love this Claudia!!!! This card really makes me long to dip my toes in the ocean. I love the coloring of the lighthouse and the fishing net. And that pop of ocean-hued wrinkle-free distress paper underneath ... perfect. But what makes this really so terrific is the pristine white of the card in the background. Marvelous card! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Claudia! The addition of the netting and shells makes it so arty and textural and I LOVE that light house stamp! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shells and the netting and it is quite nice...I miss seeing the ocean too... I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina in the US... Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tolle Karte, bin schwer begeistert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to make a card occasionally Claudia, it's 'The Law' according to my mother LOl!
    It's gorgeous, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx