Friday 2 September 2016

Spontaneous Crop With my Niece Rosi

Yesterday I had my lovely niece Rosi (9) over and we spontaneously decided to use my newly bought Tim Holtz Sizzix Halloween dies, some DecoArt Americana acrylic paints and Distress inks on watercolour paper, a brayer and a scraping tool and create a quick creepy project!




This is her finished piece - no need to say that she is a very talented and skilled young lady and that she made that awesome background (and the rest of the project) all by herself - just following my lead.




To the left you can see my unfinished piece (unfinished because the birthday cake (Malakoff Cake) for my husband needed finishing first ;).




The background was done applying dots of acrylic paints and mixing them directly on the paper by scraping and brayering them as desired. Then we sprinkled on some dark red and black acrylic paint using a splatter brush. Once all was dry we applied a thin coat of black soot Distress ink with a blending tool and sprinkled on some drops of water for additional splatter patterns.

We had a lot of fun - but, oh, so little time! The die cut elements were glued in place - and voilà: my niece's first Halloween project was done (and finished off by adding a little sticker on top).

Can't wait to have her with me again - so we can enjoy getting messy and creative again! :)




Have a nice weekend!
Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Cool!! She definitely shares your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to make paint with the children, they do not see the same expression as adults, and it could adults learn from. It's a nice piece of Haloween. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx