Tuesday 15 November 2016

ATC Trio for SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges

Servus and welcome to my little creative corner of the steampunk/industrial craftin' and blogging world!

It's time for the mid-month reminder of our challenge over at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges (which is an Anything Goes - Steampunk/Industrial themed one again).


I created this set of three ATCs:




The background was taken from an old and beautifully messy sheet of paper that I used to protect my workdesk with while painting MDF parts and other alterable bits 'n pieces.

It was crumpled and torn in some spots, but honestly that is something I count as a bonus when it comes to creating texture and visual depth. All I had to do is create an ATC format sized "finder" (from paper) to move over my stained paper to find the most beautiful spots.



I glued them to some Calico Craft Parts mixed media greyboard ATC blanks using matte Decou-Page. Then I browsed my stencils and chose some of Andy Skinner's and Tim Holtz's. I applied black archival stamping ink through them with a piece of cut 'n dry foam. Afterwards I outlined the black shapes with a white gel pen (one of the great things I learned from Seth Apter via one of his fab online classes ;).


Then I gave my ATCs a thorough coat of DecoArt media Satin Varnish. That does not only protect the glued on paper but also is of great help when you want to remove a stamped on image that you aren't as content with as you had thought you would be (as you can simply wipe it off while it is still wet) ;)






I hope you like my industrial ATC trio! I would also like to invite you over to our challenge blog to check out the makes of my fab teamies...and maybe also play along!!! That would be great!

Hope to see you over there soon!
Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx



9 comments:

  1. Sigh...you make me want to play in ATC size again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. der Wahnsinn - klasse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. die sind Hammermäßig.
    Liebe Grüße
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sensationally lovely ATCs, Claudia!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant ATCs Claudia, love them. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these. Great grungy backgrounds and the perfect contrast with the black highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fav is the one with the word STEAM on it Claudia. I like the way that gears show through on the side and the colors. But they are all just intriguingly "steamy"!!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these Claudia! I love how you took your messy catch all paper and turned it into these wonderful ATC's! What a great repurposing! Love the colors and your use of black with the lettering and images has a wonderful graphic appeal! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx